Tenant Application Guidelines
Before you begin you will need:
- All applications go through a 3rd PARTY SCREENER (not Horizon Rentals)
- Picture ID – Government issued ID or Driver’s License preferred
- Most recent pay stub/proof of income
- Three verifiable, unbiased and unrelated rental references
- Each person over the age of 18 who will be members of the household must fill out a separate application
- Please note that you will not be considered until all information for all applicants has been submitted
- Properties will be shown once an application has been approved
- Please note that multiple people may be applying for the same property and your application fee is non-refundable. If the home you are applying for has been rented, and your application has been approved, your application may be applied to another property similar property for up to three months
- Please review the application criteria below PRIOR to completing the application.
- The screening is performed through a 3rd party
- The first step will be to complete the application form on the website. Please make sure that ALL information is provided. Any missing information will lead to the application being dismissed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
a. Applications must submit valid identification. It must include a photograph (a state ID card or driver’s license is preferred).
- Prior Rental History
a. Rental history of 3 separate, unbiased and unrelated references. These must be verifiable. Current contact information for all past landlords will be required. Horizon Rentals reserves the right to deny any application, if, after making a good-faith effort, we are unable to verify prior rental history.
a. Gross household income shall be at least 3 times the rental amount. Your income must be verifiable through current pay stubs, letter of intent from employer (if applicable), current tax records or bank statements.
- If your application has been approved through the 3rd party provider and if the property you applied for is still available, we will contact you
- Credit, criminal, rental, employment, evictions and public records history will be reviewed.
- There is a charge per individual over the age of 18. A card will be required.
- This process can take up to 7 business days depending on how accessible and accurate your information is in the application. This includes how easy it will be to contact your past rental references. Please notify them a representative from Horizon Rentals will be reaching out which may speed up the process.
- Due to the high call volume, we ask that you;
- Review FAQ on our website
- For any question that is not answered under the Tenant FAQ, you may email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org